M.A. Integrated Marketing Communications
Prepare for leadership roles with this interdisciplinary degree.
Next Start Date
Est. Program Length
Cost Per Credit
Gain valuable skills for careers at the intersection of business, marketing and communications with our online Master of Arts in Integrated Marketing Communications degree. This program is the only graduate-level degree of its kind in the region and features a curriculum grounded in hands-on experience you can directly apply in the workplace. Coursework can be completed in just one year and uses open educational resources, so no textbooks are required. In addition, access to the Adobe Creative Suite is provided to all students free of charge, allowing you to use industry-standard tools to complete coursework.
Graduates of this program are prepared to work with clients in advertising and communications settings, as well as complete market research, determine target audiences and create effective multimedia work. Current employment hours may satisfy the internship requirement if you are working in the field.
This program is taught by expert faculty with relevant experience, in a fully online format designed to meet the needs of working professionals. When you earn your graduate integrated marketing communications master’s degree online, you’ll be prepared for leadership roles in marketing, communications, journalism, media, advertising, public relations, social media and more. You will also graduate with a comprehensive portfolio including a website, work samples and agency work experience.
Who is this degree for?
- Anyone working in non-profit, public relations or traditional media looking for career advancement, pay increase or a career change.
- Professionals who are interested in developing skills at the intersection of business, marketing and communications.
- Anyone working in marketing and would like to learn more about advertising software and social media analytics.
Next Start Date
Est. Program Length
Cost Per Credit
Total Required: 30 hours
The following are the admissions requirements for UWA’s online Master of Arts in Integrated Marketing Communications program.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2.75 GPA (four-point scale) or graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree or higher with a minimum 3.0 GPA point average (four-point scale).
- Applicants must also submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Statement of purpose
- One letter of reference from a professional (non-academic source)
- Two creative communications and/or marketing work samples (e.g.: videography, photography, graphic design, website design, campaign) or the link to an online, creative portfolio
Your experience at the University of West Alabama is designed to be as straightforward and convenient as possible. From the moment you apply, you’ll receive step-by-step guidance from an enrollment counselor. And once you’re in your program, you’ll have a personal success coach who can answer your questions and help with anything you need.
Follow these steps to get started.
- Complete an online application.
- Submit official college and institution transcripts. – Download Form
- Submit statement of purpose.
- Submit reference letter.
- Submit work samples.
- Submit resume
Tuition for this program is $429 per credit hour. There is a $50 technology fee each term and a $30 application fee.
The University of West Alabama is dedicated to keeping education costs affordable and providing students with a full range of grants, scholarships and loans. Approximately 80 percent of UWA students receive some type of financial aid to support their studies. To apply for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The school code for UWA is 001024.
Appropriate graduate credit that was earned in other accredited institutions may be transferred (with the academic unit and School of Graduate Studies approval) and applied to doctoral requirements up to 9 credit hours. Transfer credit must constitute a fair and reasonable equivalent to current UWA coursework in the MA in Integrated Marketing Communications program.
Open Educational Resources at UWA Online
Textbook-Free Online Education
Many instructors in this program use open educational resources (OER) in place of traditional textbooks. This means digital, openly licensed content is available free of charge to students. The University of West Alabama’s use of OER gives students the opportunity to experience a unique learning environment.
Affordable Education, Unlimited Access
Students can save a significant amount on textbook costs by using OER. The OER library and network provide access to learning materials without the high price of traditional textbooks. Students can access course materials they need anytime, anywhere. With interactive content, multiple formats and a variety of resources, students in this program benefit from unlimited access to the study tools they need.